Sunday, May 17, 2015

Interesting Day (3 Days)

So today was an interesting day. It started out pretty sad when Natalie left and then Birgitte a couple hours later. Not long after Birgitte left, Lita showed up and her and Odd took me to the Rygge mall. She helped me find socks for my bunad and they brought me out to lunch. I ATE REINDEER!!!!!! Lita convinced me to try it and I did. I actually really liked it, it was good! It was just like a weird beef meatball kinda thing. I ate it all because it was that good. Lita forced me to try the meat with lingonberry jam, but I didn't like that very much. After that experience I bought a flag and pin for the parade tomorrow and they dropped me off at home. I cleaned the washing machine because I figured it is one less thing to clean Monday and I won't need it anymore. After I finished cleaning that I went down to Veronika's apartment and we hung out for awhile before heading to the store. We went to the store in the rain just to get some chocolate powder to make more brownies, plus we bought pop and ice cream to go with it. So when we got back, I went up to my apartment and got everything I needed for the brownies and everything I needed to sit in her apartment the rest of the night. So I started making the brownies and put them in the oven while we patiently waited for them to finish (we had decided that they would be our supper with the ice cream). This is when things took a turn for the worse. I checked the brownies and they weren't done yet so I decided to wait 2 minutes because it was still really runny on the inside. Well, the 2 minutes went by and I smelled a burnt kind of smell and I immediately went to the oven. When I opened the oven, smoke started pouring out and Veronika was running to the door to to try and get the smoke out of the apartment before the fire alarms went off. Just so you know, when the fire alarms go off, we only have so long to shut them off before the fire department comes, which we would get heavily fined for since there was no actual fire. Well, the alarms went off and we started panicking; we were opening windows, doors, and turning fans on. Veronika hurried up and called the fire department to tell them there was no fire and it was burnt food, but the operator was calm and proceeded to tell her that the food probably wouldn't taste good and didn't seem to be too worried about helping us out. She even asked how to shut the alarms off and the person couldn't figure out why they wouldn't go off, but Veronika figured out we needed a code only our maintenance man/go to person for our apartments (Colin). However, neither one of us had Colin's phone number, so Veronika ran next door to one of our teacher's apartments and his wife called Colin for us. He didn't seem to pleased with us when he came in to the apartment after he shut the alarm off. This whole fiasco lasted about 20 minutes and it was one of the most stressful things that has happened to us here in Norway. So our brownies got burnt, but luckily it was only the top layer, so we just cut that off and ate the rest. We spent the rest of the night just watching TV (we were watching different shows on our own computers, but we were together and not alone so that's all that mattered).

This was my reindeer meal. I ate everything but the vegetables.

Here was our burnt brownies :(


No comments:

Post a Comment