Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Tour of Moss

I was so jet-lagged when I went to bed Friday I figured I should set an alarm for 11 and thank God I did because after I fell asleep I didn't wake up until my alarm started going off. When I looked out the window it was snowing outside! So we have maybe an inch of snow, but since it was 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) it melted and turned into slush, which I think ruined my shoes. At one 7 of us "newbies" met Hayley at the school and she took us for a walk around Moss, just to show us where some of the important places were. Before we left though, she told us a little history about our school. The actual school is the building on the left in my picture, the right, yellow building is where the document that freed Norway from Sweden in 1814 was signed (now there are offices in there and a mini museum). After our little history lesson, we walked down to the mall, which is actually very big, the train station, over to the island of Jeløy, the movie theater, and then we stopped at a grocery store before we headed back to our apartments (which is where I found chocolate with actual pieces of Oreo in it). Moss is a very beautiful city, which is weird considering it's known as an industrial town, but being on the Oslofjord definitely helps make the city more beautiful. Then, at 5 we had a group supper, which included norwegian waffles, pølse (which is a long hot dog wrapped in a tortilla), and some sort of bun that I didn't try but they told me it was like a cinnamon roll without frosting or something. It was fun though because I was able to meet some of my classmates and talk to a few of them. That was about all of the "exciting" things I did, otherwise I was pretty much catching up on all of my social media.
This is the school (well the left portion).

The view out of my window Saturday morning after the snowfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment