Saturday, January 17, 2015

My First Week

So I have been in Norway a week now so I thought I would tell you what I think and feel so far. Well to start, it took me about 3 days to overcome the jet lag, about 5 days to be able to fall asleep before 3 a.m., and I haven't experienced any homesickness yet (I emphasize the yet). I absolutely love the weather here! It is literally like the spring and fall back home, I golfed at meets in high school in colder weather than we have been having here. I also don't mind the european lifestyle of going to the grocery store everyday (except for the high prices); it's nice because it actually makes me get out of the apartment and get some fresh air. The city is very beautiful, even if it once was an industrial city, I hope we have nice weather tomorrow so I can go for a walk by the island and take some pictures. My classmates have all been very nice and welcoming, which has been great considering I didn't know anyone coming here. All of the staff at the school have also been very welcoming and very forthcoming with their stories about how they ended up living in Norway and how they dealt with some of the things we Americans are going through. The only thing that I have found to be a bit annoying is when I'm at a store and I'm not sure what the cashier said (because they are speaking Norwegian) and so I ask them "what" in English, they may repeat what they said in English, but then they go right back to speaking Norwegian to me. Luckily I have had some Norwegian so most of the time I can figure out what they are asking me. Other than that one little complaint, I love Norway just as much as I did before I came and probably a bit more now.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear your computer was fixed. You had a great first week. Fun to see you on facebook and to see you learning to blog!

    ReplyDelete