Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Laptop Was Fixed!

Today, I, along with the 8 other American students, had an early meeting with the college's president (Krista) and the student activities coordinator (Hayley) about our residency visas. My residency visa is the only one that hasn't been approved yet (of course), so it was in a way pointless for me to even be there because they were discussing going to get their visas on Tuesday. However, Krista did give us a little history about Moss and some advice about where to go in Norway, travel tips for taking RyanAir, and just random tidbits of knowledge. After my meeting, I came back to the apartment had some lunch, watched Netflix, and finally worked up the energy to make the trek to the mall in hopes that my laptop was fixed. When I got to the PC store they said they had it fixed and to give them 10 minutes to get everything together, so I of course went shopping in the meantime. When I came back the guy told me that my laptop had shorted out when I went to plug my phone into it and he advised to get a new charger cable for my phone, which I did, and then he proceeded to tell me it cost 1,000 kroner to fix it! After I had paid the bill, I paid very close attention to the prices at the grocery store. Once I got back from my trip to the mall, I sat down and started doing homework. Wow, that really makes me sound like a nerd, but that's honestly what I did for the next 3 hours. Then, of course I wrapped up the day with watching Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. Way to be productive, Katie! It looks like you had your day filled back then, and I can only hope your days have been as packed lately. After all, don't we all feel a sense of belongingness in an activity-packed day? Hahaha! Anyway, I'm glad your laptop has already been fixed. Now, you can wrap up every busy day watching Netflix. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

    Cordia Remsen @ RB’s Computer Service

    ReplyDelete