Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bowling and Breaking Bad!

It was actually a pretty laid-back day today because Hayley (our student activities person) didn't plan anything for us to do except group bowling. After I woke up and got ready for the day, I just sat in my room watching Breaking Bad for 3 hours, which was actually nice to be able to just sit and relax for awhile. Then, at 4 the majority of the class went bowling and as I found out I'm not very good at it. After the bowling was done I came back to the apartment and had some supper with my roommate Natalie. While the two of us were talking we some how started talking about lefse and she told me literally no one makes lefse from scratch! I could not believe what she was telling me! She said that everyone in Norway just goes to the store and buys it, which is just wrong if you ask me. She didn't even know what a lefse stick was or looked like, so of course I Skyped my mom so she could show her our lefse sticks. After I finally got over the shock of buying lefse in a store, my other roommate Brigitte arrived, so I was finally able to meet her. Then after visiting with Brigitte and Natalie, I watched the Packers vs. Cowboys game through Skype, thanks to a person that lives Moss. I also tried the most amazing chocolate I think I have ever had, it has chunks of Oreos in it. So that was my day, it was pretty uneventful, but I think I needed a day just to be alone and relax since I haven't really had the chance since I arrived Friday night.

Here is the best chocolate I have ever tasted.

2 comments:

  1. Katie: How many hours of daylight do you have there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have about 7 hours. The sun usually rises around 9 and sets at 4.

      Delete