Sunday, January 25, 2015

Baking Day

Today I had the apartment all to myself from 12:30 until 7! So what do I do; I sat and did homework, but instead of doing it in my room, I sat at the dining room table. Although, I did have to go to the grocery store to pick up some things to make chocolate chip cookies. So I decided I would go to the big Rema 1000 because I figured they would have more variety; however, when I was walking through the aisles I could not find a single thing I needed (basically because I didn't know the translation for everything). The only thing I was able to find at the grocery store was vanilla extract. When I got back to the apartment I decided to go to the other Rema 1000 in the mall because I knew Natalie (my roommate) was working and she could help me find the stuff. So when I got there she was working as a cashier, but after about 5 minutes she came and found me to help me find everything I needed. Once I was finally done shopping for the day I skyped my mom to make sure I had gotten the right chocolate for baking (they didn't have any chocolate chips!), which it turns out I hadn't gotten the right one, but she said it would work anyway. When I was done talking to my parents and sat down and did some more homework until Natalie came home. Then, we immediately got to baking our cookies. Natalie's healthy recipe had avocados and bananas in it and a whole bunch of other weird stuff to make up her chocolate chip cookie. My cookies however, were just the simple unhealthy recipe that tastes delicious. When Natalie's cookies were done I tried one and it tasted exactly like banana bread with some nuts and chocolate in it. Once mine were done we both tried one and we both agreed that mine were better, but hers were still good. I ended up making 3 dozen cookies and once I was done baking all of them and cleaning up all of the dishes, Natalie and I just sat down and talked for almost 3 hours. We both decided around 11 that we were getting tired and that it was time to get ready for bed. So I finished up the night with getting ready for bed and writing this post.
My cookies are on the bottom left and Natalie's are the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment