Wednesday, January 14, 2015

MacGyver of Norway

I have no classes on Mondays (except one that meets once a month), Wednesdays, or Fridays. So when I got up today I was so excited because I knew I could just sit in my room all day watching Netflix and be the unsociable person I am. That's exactly what I did all day until about 4 when my roommates asked if I wanted to go to the store with them, which I did because I needed some groceries. Once we got back, I made myself an egg with some toast and set of the fire alarm while doing so (I didn't have an actual fire, there was just too much smoke and the fan was getting all of it). Oops. The fire alarms here have a button to push to shut it off though, but of course I didn't know where that was so my roommate Brigitte had to run into the kitchen and shut it off. If the alarm goes for too long the fire department shows up and we have to pay a fine because there was no fire, so it was very important that I shut it off right away. Then, after that fiasco I went back to watching House of Cards, which is when the next disaster happened: my computer crashed. It just shut off and wouldn't turn back on. So I went to Google and it said to press the button on the side and compare the pattern the lights make with the apple website, but wen I pressed the button no lights showed up. So I decided I would just take the battery out. Well, my roommates didn't have a small enough screwdriver and neither did our resident assistant. So I skyped my dad, which is when I felt like MacGyver. First, I broke a piece of wire from my tablet off and flattened it, but that didn't work. Next, I took w bobby pin and flattened one end and it actually worked! I was able to get 2 screws out, but there are 10. I finally just gave up and decided to wait and go to the store tomorrow and buy a small enough screwdriver. If all else fails I guess I'll have to go to the technology store and fork out the money for them to fix it. 

  These were my tools and the 2 screws.  

3 comments: