Friday, January 30, 2015

Veronika's Birthday

Today I had class until 2:30, but I had immediately after with Hayley and Krista to set up an appointment for me to go get my resident permit since it was finally approved. Once we set up my appointment we talked for a little bit about how I was doing and if I was getting used to the city. When we were done talking, I went to the mall to see if I found anything to wear tonight because everyone was dressing up really nice to go out for Veronika's birthday. I bought a shirt and a silver ring. I also went to Coop Mega (the expensive grocery store) because it has a lot more selection of products so I was able to find things I couldn't at Rema 1000. I also broke down and went into the bunad store just to drool at all the bunads in there and the silver they had in there. Then, I came back and got ready for the dinner. There was 7 of us who went to dinner and Benedikte (a pretty much pro golfer) surprised Veronika at the restaurant. I ordered a salad, which I though came with steak since it was a steak house, but actually turned out to be duck! I had no clue it was duck until Natalie asked me how my duck was! I was surprised that I liked it, it tasted just like the dark meat of chicken. The salad was what tasted weird to me because it had some sort of weird dressing on it and had corn and weird vegetables in it. After dinner there was a party at Stallen and everyone kept asking me if I was going and I said yeah maybe. By the time we got back to the apartment and had sat there for an hour, I was too tired to go. Henriette, Kirsty, and Elin came to my apartment just to make sure that I didn't want to go, but once I told them I had only gotten about 5 hours of sleep and was too tired they all agreed that I should get some sleep and go to the next party (who knows if that will even happen since pretty much everyone drinks there and I don't want to be around that). I decided to just go to bed early to try and catch up on some sleep.

These were some of the bunads in the store. The one on the right is the Rogaland bunad, which is the one I want, and the one in the middle is the Telemark bunad and I don't know what the one of the left is because it's not one I want or can technically get.



No comments:

Post a Comment