Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My First Knitting Lesson

This morning I decided to do as much of my homework as possible before Lita picked me up at 3. I actually got the majority of it done in time, but I did get distracted by Natalie. She was booking her trip to London with her friend and so she was telling me all about where she was staying and how excited she was that she had just booked a trip. Then, Lita picked me up at 3 to go over to her house on Jeløya to make some soup for us students to have before choir practice. So we made the soup and at 4:10 we had to go into the living room to watch a show that her and Odd like to watch called "Hearbeat" (at least I think that's what it's called). She even made a little snack, which consisted of boller (which is a huge whole wheat bun with raisins), Norwegian waffles with cloudberry jam, and some other little sandwich type thing that I didn't try. Once the show was over she decided it was time to start teaching me how to knit. I don't think she fully understood what she was getting herself into. She showed me how to cast on, which I just had to Google to see what it was called, goes to show how much I know. I actually got the hang of that pretty quickly and started to feel pretty confident. Then, came the difficult part that I was dreading. She had to show me two times how to transfer each stitch to the other needle. That took me forever to partially be able to do. By the time I was starting to feel okay with how I was doing it was time to go pick up Henriette and Alex to go to the church and have the soup we had made. Since it was only the four of us, we had a lot of soup leftover and Lita was kind enough to let me take some for my roommates and I to have. Choir practice went well considering we didn't have a director there and the pianist was not the greatest, but I obviously wasn't going to volunteer to play. When choir practice was done I came back to the apartment and talked with my roommates for awhile and then decided to Skype with my parents. Just a side note - my dad said that David Olson is reading this and to give you a little shoutout. He also said you plan on going to Norway, Sweden, and Finland? which of course I would highly recommend! :)

This is my first knitting project and this is still how far I am. 
It looks very bad if you ask me.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kiddo! You can do this, it's in your DNA, both sides of the family, several generations. You go girl!! Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl! Will I have a knitting buddy when you return home. I am knitting some socks on size zero "0" needles. It will take me awhile. It's very healthy for you. Great to have knitting when you are waiting.

    ReplyDelete