Friday, April 24, 2015

Getting Ready for Germany!

Well I had my Global Physical Environment exam today and I think I did pretty good on it; my teacher was a little surprised and upset that I only took 20 minutes to do it, but I have always been a quick test taker so I just said yes when he said 20 minutes in a very questioning voice. Afterward I had my Women and Children's Rights class and I actually enjoyed today's class. We watched a video of two Norwegian women, an American woman, and an American journalist have a discussion about the gender gap in Norway versus the U.S. After we watched the video we had an hour long discussion on the topic and it was really interesting to hear all of Norway's laws and regulations concerning gender equality and also just how Norwegians view women versus how Americans view women. It just made me want to move to Norway even more now. After I was done with class today I came back to the apartment and watched American Beauty and wrote my final communications paper on it. Then, Natalie and I bought our bus tickets to the Oslo airport (our return bus ticket is for 12:30 Monday night so we won't get back to our apartment until 2:30 Tuesday morning and we have class at 9 so neither one of us is looking forward to that). After we had bought our tickets I made some supper and then Veronika came up to work on our Global Physical Environment lab paper and powerpoint. We were actually able to finish it tonight so in total it only took us about three hours to write the entire paper (four pages). Then, we basically sat and talked until 10:30 and Natalie and Veronika started watching Paradise (I have no idea what it is about because it is all in Norwegian) and I started packing. i pretty much got everything packed except the things I will be using tomorrow before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment