Friday, April 3, 2015

Last Day of My Trip

Today was my last day in Paris and of not having to worry about the homework awaiting me. I had nothing booked or planned for today so I slept in and hung around my hostel until about 11 this morning. I had decided I would just walk to my bus stop to get to the airport because it went right by the Arch de Triumph so it gave me the perfect opportunity to walk along Champ Elysees and the Triumphal March. It was a 3 mile walk in the rain from my hostel to the bus stop and took me about 2 hours to walk, including a stop for lunch. When I got to the bus stop I realized it was right next to a mall so I just hung out in the mall until it was time for my bus to the airport. While I was in the mall (which was a high-end mall selling brands like Versace, Burberry, Boss, Lacoste, etc.) I bought a chocolate eclair and a chocolate chip cookie. I searched for a place that sold crepes, but none of the cafes there sold them. I was actually able to catch an early bus to the airport, which meant I had more time to have some supper before boarding my flight. So I checked in and bought my last french baguette. It was delicious, just like the others I have had. My flight was about a half hour late landing, but I still made it home in one piece and am now safe in good old Moss, Norway; at least for about a week and a half before Natalie and I go to Italy.

Here is the Arch de Triumph.

The Tiffany & Co. store on Champ Elysees. I was strong and didn't go inside, but slowed down significantly to stare at the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment