Wednesday, April 29, 2015

We Made it Back!!!!

Well we made it back alive and unharmed! I'll just start from when we got on the plane in Munich. We boarded on time and the pilot came over the speaker and said they were just waiting for the last of the baggage to be loaded and to get clearance from the tower for take off. Well, after 20 minutes after we were supposed to depart, the pilot said that we had to wait 20 minutes because there was a thunderstorm directly over the airport. The 20 minutes passed and the pilot said we had to wait another 15 minutes and then we could take off, but he personally didn't believe the tower and thought we would be delayed longer. He eventually told us we were delayed an hour because of the storm so in reality we did not take off from Munich until 2 hours after we were supposed too. Neither Natalie or I slept the entire flight (we sat next to each other), but we did wash our faces and brush our teeth so we were at least ready for "bed" when we landed in Oslo. We landed around 1:05 and found some nice benches in the baggage claim area and sat there talking and laughing about the most random things (the sleep deprivation was starting to kick in). However, after about a 30-45 minutes some security guards came and told us we had to go through customs, but there were plenty of benches out there. So we found a little cafe with booths to sleep in, but we sat up and talked and sat on our phones for about and hour and half because neither of us felt tired. We both slept about an hour before waking up to go wait for our 4:45 bus. I bought some muffins at the one shop that was open while we waited inside for our bus. At 4:42 when the bus still wasn't there, we went outside and waited to make sure it didn't just drive by and leave us. We had just come from 70-75 degree weather so we obviously were not dressed or prepared for the 26 degree weather in Oslo (and in Moss). So while we were waiting we were dancing and doing weird things just to try and stay warm, but luckily the bus was only 5 minutes late so we didn't have wait too long. Natalie was able to sleep for 30 minutes on the bus while I was wide awake; then we had our 15 minute walk back to the apartment. It was still freezing outside and we were both so miserable, but we were so delirious from sleep deprivation that we were laughing the entire way back to the apartment. As soon as I stepped in the apartment at about 6:15 I put my pajamas on and went straight to bed. We had decided to just skip our morning classes and sleep, so I woke up at about 11:30 and got ready for my afternoon classes. Luckily my last class of the day only lasted until about 4 so I was able to come back and just sit and relax the rest of the night. It's sad to think that that was my last "trip" while I'm here; the last time I'll really go anywhere is on May 17th when Veronika and I go to Oslo to see the parade and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment