Sunday, February 15, 2015

Homework Day

Today I did all of my homework that is due next week, so that means I can travel the rest of winter break! Except, I have to read a book for my Women and Children's Rights class and write a one page reflection paper, but I figure I can read it on the train rides to different places. I decided to attempt making the macaroni and cheese again, but when I was getting everything out and ready to make it, I realized I didn't have any half and half and because it's Sunday no stores are open. So I had to search for a different recipe and luckily I found one where I actually had all of the ingredients and it turned out really good! Natalie even tried making a new recipe, but her's was rice with shrimp, apples, and sweet and sour sauce. She kept offering for me to try some if I wanted, but of course I declined. I also had some skole brød, which translates to school bread, it is a traditional Norwegian treat that many school kids buy on their way to school, hence the name. It is a huge bun with a lemon? filling and some coconut shavings on top, which I don't like coconut except on this. After we had finished eating and cleaned up the kitchen we both went to our bedrooms to watch videos for our classes. The first one I had to watch was a documentary called The N Word and then I had to watch an episode of Lie to Me. I'm surprised I hadn't discovered the show Lie to Me yet because that is my kind of show. I actually watched quite a few episodes before I even wrote my reflection paper about it. This really isn't a good thing that I found another show to watch when I have way too many already and especially when season 3 of House of Cards is being released in two weeks, which I will most likely watch the entire season within a couple of days. Anyway, tomorrow I think I'm going to go to Halden for the day and maybe have choir practice tomorrow night, I'm not sure if we have it or not.

This is skole brød.

No comments:

Post a Comment