Friday, February 20, 2015

Sweden...Again

Lita took Jeanette, Natalie, myself, and her daughter Mie to Sweden today, just right across the border so about an hour trip, but it was Sweden nevertheless so we still got good prices on everything. First, she took us to downtown Svinesund to go to a fabric shop so Mie could look for curtains. I feel like this is the kind of store my mom and Becky could spend all day in. It was jam-packed with stuff, not only fabric, but just random things like little chicken figures (which I was tempted to get for my grandma) to pillows to bathrobes. After we left the store, we decided it was too cold to do anything downtown so we just headed straight for the mall, which is about 10-15 minutes out of town (closer to the border). We spent about three and a half hours at the mall total. We first went grocery shopping because that was our main reason for going. In Sweden the meat, alcohol, and chocolate is way cheaper than it is in Norway, but some items are actually more expensive in Sweden than in Norway; therefore, I loaded up on meat and chocolate. Once we had put the groceries in the car, we had some lunch and set a time to meet back at the entrance so we could all go shopping where we wanted to go. I went with Natalie and Jeanette, which meant that we went to three sports stores and a store that sells protein powder and stuff that people who work out all the time use. We also went to a couple of clothing stores, but I don't want to spend a ton of money on clothes because I won't be able to take fit everything in my suitcases. So the only things I bought in Sweden today were groceries and then the food I ate while I was there. When Natalie and I were home and had unpacked our groceries, we both sat down and had some supper together before we both went to our rooms for peace and quiet. I spent the rest of the night in my room trying out some of the candy I had bought in Sweden and the Oreos with chocolate filling, which were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment