Monday, February 2, 2015

Sarpsborg

I had to wake up at 7:30 today to go to Sarpsborg to get my residence permit. So when my alarm went off 5 hours after I had set it, I reluctantly got up and got ready for the day. I definitely know this is a small school because Krista (the president of the school) took Hayley (the student activities director) and I to Sarpsborg in her mother-in-law's car, which was a very nice Audi. Sarpsborg is about a half hour drive from Moss and is where they found one of the Viking ships in the Viking Museum in Oslo and I guess they have a lot of the Norwegian rock carvings in the area (I don't remember what they are technically called). When we got to Sarpsborg we were about 15 minutes early for my appointment, but I was able to get in 10 minutes early and it only took about 5 minutes total. I didn't receive my residence permit while I was there, but they took a picture of me for my permit, took my fingerprints, and had me sign for my permit. Hayley and I took the bus back when I was done and we talked the entire way mostly about her experience here while she was a student and what it was like for her coming back to the U.S. When we got back I sat down and watched the Super Bowl commercials again because last night when they were playing everyone was talking so loud I couldn't even hear the commercials, well except for the Budweiser commercial which everyone got dead silent for. Then, I made myself some pancakes for lunch and did my reading assignment for Composition and Literature into Film. I actually had my "first" communications class today at 4:30, we all had to go to the school and Skype with our teacher who lives in Florida. That class took about an hour and a half, so just enough time for me to come back to the apartment and have some supper before choir practice. While I was having supper I was looking into some places to possibly go over Winter Break because I found out Jordan already has plans for Winter Break, so it looks like I'll be traveling alone as of right now. Lita came and picked Henriette, Alex, and myself up around 7:20 to go to choir practice and this time practice was actually good because our choir director was back. It's funny during practice because most of the time I just kind of tune out the director and what he is saying because it's in Norwegian and he talks way too fast for me to catch anything, but every now and then I'll catch him saying "på englesk", which means "in english", and everyone turns and smiles at me. I hate it when this happens because I usually am not paying that close of attention to him so I don't know if he is making a joke about me or just telling Lita to tell me what he is saying in English. Anyway, after choir I came back to the apartment and went to bed early because of how tired I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment