Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Macaroni and Cheese

So today I decided that I would attempt to make homemade mac and cheese, which meant I had to go grocery shopping. I actually had a long list of groceries I needed so I wasn't making a special trip or anything, but my main priority was getting the ingredients I needed for the mac and cheese. I ended up spending almost 400 kroner on groceries and as soon as I set my grocery bag down on the counter I realized I had forgotten to buy macaroni noodles. I was so mad at myself, I mean the one thing I absolutely needed to make macaroni and cheese I spaced out about getting. I had even looked at them when I was at Coop Mega (the first grocery store I went to) and told myself to wait and buy them at Rema 1000 because they would be cheaper. So anyway, I was very upset that I wasn't able to make it today, but I'll go to the store tomorrow and buy some noodles and pick up a couple of other things I forgot that were less important. After I put my groceries away when I got back, I don't really remember what I did that lasted 2 hours, I only remember sitting on my computer, so it obviously wasn't something productive. At about 5:30 Lita picked me up to go to Samspillband and once we were in the car she told me that she thinks she is coming down with some sort of cold. I do not want to get sick while I'm here because what fun would that be. Of course once we got to the band and started playing, one of the members became sick and started throwing up. Luckily, they have a hand sanitizer pump there that I used a lot and as soon as I was back home I washed my hands thoroughly before doing anything else. Also, when we first got to band tonight, one of the ladies that volunteers there and is also in the church choir, gave me a bag with two skeins of blue yarn and knitting needles, which were all brand new! She said she was thinking of me for Friday because some church ladies agreed to come and help some of us students with knitting, whether they are beginners like me or want to learn how to knit something different like socks or mittens. When I got home after band, I studied for my Global Physical Environment exam that is tomorrow and started making a list of things a need to do tomorrow when I'm done with my exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment