Thursday, February 5, 2015

Samspillband and Bunads

Today turned out to be kind of a hectic day. I got up this morning and decided I should probably try and do some homework before Lita took me anywhere today. Well, Natalie and I were working on our Global Physical Environment lab and all of the sudden Lita emailed me and said she would be picking me up in 15 minutes, so I had to get dressed and get my stuff together; needless to say I did not get as much homework as I had planned done. She took me over by where she goes to workout and we were climbing all over the place trying to cut branches off of birch trees. She needs the branches for this activity thing for children at the church tomorrow, I guess it's for getting ready for Lent and Easter, but I'm not 100 percent sure. After we had been all over the place cutting branches she took me to the glass shop (ViDa Glass) she works part-time at. It was really cool because they have it totally open so you can sit there and watch them make the glass, but they don't let you take pictures. They have some pretty neat stuff there and they are actually having a sale right now, so I'll have to go back and buy some things for gifts. It got a little weird before we left though because the owner and Lita were talking and I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying because I was watching the guy make a light fixture. Pretty soon I heard Lita saying something about a guy being too old because he was 33 and she is 18, which really sparked my suspicion as to what they were talking about. Then, Lita said something about I don't know anyone her age and the owner said her son was 19 and by that point I was looking at the both of them, which is when Lita turned to me and translated what the owner had just said. All of the sudden they were asking me what my interests were and what  I was majoring in and I was caught completely off guard by the fact that they were basically trying to set me up with the owner's son. I don't know if that is a normal thing to do here or what, but I did not know what to say or anything. Luckily, Lita and I had to go because her husband Odd needed the car, so Lita dropped me off at my apartment for an hour and a half and then she was back to take me to Samspillband. At band Bjørn (the director) came up to me and said that he had talked to his mother and she said she has about 4 or 5 different bunads that I could choose from to borrow for May 17th! I was so excited when he said that, I'm still so excited at the fact that I get to have a bunad for Syttende Mai!!! Also at band they found a little bell set for me to play instead of just standing there not really doing anything, I'm not sure if that is all I'll do from now on or if this is just temporary until they find something for me to do. After band I really didn't do much besides doing a little homework and watching a some Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment