Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday!

I know this is a day late, but the Super Bowl was on last night and I had to get up early this morning so I went straight to bed last night. Anyway, yesterday morning I emailed Lita and told her that I wasn't going to go to church because I had homework I needed to work on (but it was pretty much so I could sleep in). For lunch I made myself some Kraft macaroni and cheese and it was so good, I didn't think I would miss American food that much. I did work on homework for a couple of hours, but I had to get ready for the American Culture Night we had at Stallen. At seven Hayley (our student activities director) had put together an American supper for the Norwegians. The supper consisted of nachos as the appetizer, sloppy joes and chips as the main course, chocolate chip cookies for dessert, and of course we had saft and water to drink (which I'm really starting to love saft). After supper she had made a little quiz of fun facts about America and we were in teams. So of course the people I was sitting next to immediately told me that I was on their team. The questions were actually pretty difficult, I didn't know a lot, but I did know some of them; my team did come out victorious and we all were pretty excited and gloated a little bit. After the quiz was done and we had all eaten, Hayley informed us that we could go home for a little while and come back at 12:30 to watch the Super Bowl live. So I went back to the apartment, showered, got into some comfy clothes, and then Natalie and I left around midnight so we could get good seats. When we got there was only about 6 of us there so we got pretty good seats. Hayley had made popcorn and had a ton of chips and other snacks for us to eat while we watched. By the time the game had started there was about 25 of us there and everyone was really excited to be watching the Super Bowl live, with commercials! On normal TV here when you watch football you don't get any of the same commercials of course, so it was awesome to get to have the commercials too. It was really fun because all the Norwegians were really getting into the game and yelling about calls and everything. However, after the halftime show I left so I could go to bed (which was about 2:30 in the morning) because I had to get up at 7:30 to go to Sarpsborg to get my residence permit. So that was my day and I'll have a post about today up later.

 This was my view during our Super Bowl party.

No comments:

Post a Comment