Monday, February 9, 2015

Walk to Jeløya

It was 45 degrees and partly cloudy today, but there was virtually no wind so it was beautiful outside. I decided that I should go for a walk and get some sunlight and fresh air while it's nice out. I walked over to Jeløya and walked pretty far along the boardwalk and walking paths that run alongside the fjord. When I got to a small beach I just sat down on a nearby bench and took in the amazing view I had. Then, I started walking along the beach and came upon a starfish that was a dark purple! It looked pretty cool, but of course I didn't touch it because that would be disgusting. When I was walking along the beach I noticed some people climbing up on to some rocks on a little trail, so I decided to go have a look at it. Once I had climbed up over the major boulder and gotten to a point where there was bushes and grass growing, I saw a bunch of little trails going every which way, they almost looked like little mouse trails because there were so many. After I had explored where most of the trails went, I got back on the main trail and went to the other side where I hadn't explored yet. When I got there, there was a nice little park with a beautiful view of the fjord and what I believe was actually Rygge (the neighboring town) across the fjord. I of course turned around to take pictures of the houses that were there (I am obsessed with Norwegian houses because I think they look so perfect and quaint) and I saw a house with white siding and a red/orange roof, just like Lita's house. Then, I remembered that Lita had a view from her house similar to the one I was seeing from the park, which was kitty-corner across the road from this house. So I moved a bit closer to the street and noticed that it was in fact Lita's house; I had walked all the way to Lita's house without even realizing it! Once I realized how far I had walked, I figured it was time for me to head back to the apartment to do some homework. When I was walking back, I followed a lady and her dog the entire way from the board walk until I turned to walk into my apartment building. The entire walk back she would turn around to see if I was still there and kind of look at me like she was wondering why I was following her, when in reality I had no intention of doing so. When I got back two and a half hours later, I made myself some popcorn because I had had enough of being "healthy and active" for one day. Then, I sat down and did some homework and later Natalie, Brigitte, and I all worked on our Global Physical Environment lab together. After I finished my homework I watched clips and read articles about the Grammy Awards from last night the rest of the night since I couldn't watch them live or anything.

This is the view of the fjord from the bench I found on the beach (it was actually much brighter out, but whenever I tried to take it picture it was basically just white, so I had to focus it on something dark).

This is the starfish I found.

This was the beginning of the trail starting on the beach, I was standing on the big boulder. 

This was the view I had of the main trail when I turned around.

 This is the view when I was standing in the park. Lita's house is the one with the red/orange roof.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your pictures. Nice to hear about your adventures. Enjoy reading your post. Curtis also keeps up with your postings.

    ReplyDelete