Thursday, February 12, 2015

Winter Break

Today is my first day of Winter Break!! Well, technically tomorrow is the first official day, but since I only had an exam at 9 this morning, I consider today part of the break. After my exam, I came back to the apartment and recorded my presentation for my research paper in my Women and Children's Rights class because no one else was home yet. Once I had submitted my video and paper to my teacher, I made some lunch and went to the grocery store. Today, to switch things up a bit, I decided to go to the big Rema 1000 because I wanted to be sure that I would be able to find what I needed. I bought my macaroni noodles and a huge bag of them too. I actually picked up everything I would need to make macaroni, french toast, garlic cheese bread, and an Oreo milkshake. When I got back from the store I took the time to sit and peel a package of carrots and make some carrot sticks because I don't really care for their baby carrots here. I then made some mac and cheese for supper, but because they don't have Velveeta cheese here, I had to buy a bag of a mix of cheddar and mozzarella. The mac and cheese didn't turn out that good because of the stupid cheese, I will have to go to Coop Mega and fork over the money to get some cheddar because I am determined to have good macaroni and cheese. I also decided to make the Oreo milkshake, which turned out to be very good, so I'm happy at least one of the things I made turned out good, even Natalie agreed that the milkshake was good. After I had cleaned up the mess I had made in the kitchen, I went back to my room and looked into what to do in Fredrikstad and train times tomorrow. I think I might go there tomorrow because it's only a half hour train ride from Moss; although, I have the knitting group at 11 tomorrow morning so I'll have to see how long that lasts and whether I want to go afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment