Friday, March 6, 2015

Children's Activity Day and Spring Break

I had school today, but my Women and Children's Rights class was cancelled because our teacher and two other students from the class are in Minneapolis at the Nobel Peace Prize Forum. Every year our college is guaranteed tickets to go and actually gets to present during the forum. They left yesterday and will be returning on Monday. Unfortunately, because the class was cancelled, the rest of us have to watch the forum this weekend and write a reflection paper on one of the presenters. After class today, I went to the church to help Lita set up for the kids activity night, which happens once a month. Today we did a bunch of Easter related activities, such as making making Easter mobiles, little chicken things our of cardboard from toilet paper rolls, and coloring Easter pictures. We also had pølse, which is a hot dog either served with a bun or lompe (a tortilla/lefse thing). They also sang, like usual, and watched a Veggie Tales movie. After it was all over, I helped Lita take everything down and put it all away and it went very quick this time compared to last time. Then, I came back to the apartment and talked with Natalie and Birgitte for an hour or so. Later on I Skyped with my parents about spring break. After 2 hours, I think we agreed upon where I am going and what days I will be gone. I don't want to say anything yet because I need to buy tickets and everything so I know it is for sure going to happen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment