Saturday, March 14, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brunost

So today instead of working on one of the three papers that are due this week, I decided to watch The Reader and start comparing the book and movie. Then, once the movie was done I decided to go to the grocery store, but before I went, I had one of the buns Natalie gave me with some brunost (aka geitost). Brunost is a Norwegian cheese made with whey and carmalized (geitost meaning goat cheese uses goat's milk). This was the first time I have ever had brunost (which translates to brown cheese) and I wasn't that impressed with it. I think it is an acquired taste. After I had had my first taste of brunost, I went to the grocery store. When I came back I made some chicken for supper and then made some chocolate chip cookies. One of the main reasons why I went to the store was to get some of the ingredients to make the cookies. They turned out much better this time than they did last time. After I made the cookies I Skyped with my parents for awhile before studying for my exam on Monday.
This was my bun with some brunost. 

Natalie was also having a bun with peanut butter, brunost, and I think she had some banana too.

The first dozen of my cookies, which taste delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment