Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Communications Class and Choir

Because it was so nice out at noon, I decided to go grocery shopping even though I really didn't "need" anything. On my way home, I followed a group of school children walking back to school and they were the cutest little things ever! They were all wearing their one piece snowsuits and little reflective vests, they were just so cute I had to take a picture of them. By the time I had gotten back to the apartment, Natalie was back from London. So I put my groceries away and talked to Natalie about her trip. She said her and Marit only went shopping on Oxford Street and did nothing else except for Saturday (Natalie's birthday) they went to a club. They did have a good time though, so that's good. Then, we had our communications "class" today, it is a Skype session with our teacher who is living in Florida (she always brags about the weather there). She usually goes around the room and asks us various questions from the chapters we have gone over and I was dreading what she was going to ask me, but I really lucked out. She asked me if I like the show Lie to Me, which of course I did. So she ended up asking me what I took away from the show and then what the term "leakage" means in regards to nonverbal communication; it was the easiest in-class question I have had while I've been here. After communications, I made some supper and then had choir practice. During our coffee break at practice, one of the ladies asked me if I was learning any Norwegian and I told her not really, not any more than I knew before. Then, I looked over at Lita and kind of laughed and said, "Well, unless you want to count swear words" and she asked me what swear words. We were in a church so of course I wasn't going to say any! I told her afterward when we were in the car that one of them I knew before I even got here (fy fæn) and she told me I shouldn't say that, which of course I shouldn't say any of them because they are all swear words. Once I was home I got ready for bed right away because for some reason I am kind of tired today.

Here are the kids walking back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment