Monday, March 9, 2015

Jeg Elsker Vafler!!!!!!!

It was 48 degrees today with no wind or clouds, so it was absolutely gorgeous outside. I took advantage of it by taking a leisurely walk to the grocery store and back. Then, I worked on my homework for tomorrow, which consisted of reading two chapters from Silence of the Lambs because we will be watching the film during class tomorrow. Afterward, I booked my hostel in London and booked all of my tours for my entire spring break. Now all I have to book is my train tickets to Edinburgh and back and my train ticket to Paris. I also had choir practice tonight and I made sure I went tonight because the treat we had during our coffee break was waffles. I love Norwegian waffles (by the way "Jeg elsker vafler" means I love waffles), they are one of my favorite foods. I personally like them best with sour cream and cloudberry jam (strawberry is right up there too), but tonight they only had the waffles and strawberry jam; they didn't have any sour cream or brunost (brown cheese), which is also very common to have on waffles. I still enjoyed my waffle though. I'm finally starting to get better at answering people when they ask me something in Norwegian, I may not answer them in Norwegian, but I can usually translate what they are saying and answer their question. That actually happened quite a few times tonight at practice and I think I took some people off guard because they didn't have to ask their question in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment