Thursday, March 26, 2015

First Day in London

Well today just was not my day. I woke up and Lita had emailed me to inform me that Odd couldn't drive me to the airport because he had put the summer tires on the car and it was storming out. So I got up and looked out my window and sure enough it was blizzard-like conditions outside. Then I made myself an egg and while I was putting salt on it the entire cap came off and salt went everywhere. Not a good start. So because Odd couldn't drive me, I hurried up and packed all of my stuff and headed for the train station. I had to trudge through about 3 inches of snow and it was still coming down pretty good. It took me twice as long to get to the train station because of all the snow, but the train was also delayed so it was okay. Then I got to the airport about an hour and a half early, but of course my flight was also delayed because of the storm, so it didn't really matter I was there early. It was delayed about an hour, but luckily it wasn't canceled like some were. When we landed in London, I swear to God that the copilot landed the plane and he was a trainee because it was an awful landing. Once I got through customs and everything, I grabbed some lunch and then got a taxi. My taxi driver was really nice, but he would not stop talking about his life and philosophies on the human race. By the time I checked into my hostel, it was already 3:30. So instead of going to Hyde Park like I was hoping, I only went to Harrods and back to my hostel. My God is Harrods a huge store!

This my street when I set out for the train station. 

That was the view out of my plane window while we were waiting for our turn to get the wings iced/de-iced or whatever they had to do. It was basically zero visibility. 

This is Harrods. It is huge!






No comments:

Post a Comment