Saturday, March 7, 2015

Nobel Peace Prize Forum

I attempted booking my flights, hotels, and various tours for spring break this morning, but both my debit card and my mom's credit card were being declined; so I had to Skype my mom to have her contact both the credit card company and the bank about why neither card was working. Sadly, I have to wait until tomorrow to try and purchase anything. After that whole fiasco was over, I had to go over to Stallen to watch the Nobel Peace Prize Forum for my Women and Children's Rights class. My teacher for the class is at the forum in Minneapolis with two of my classmates because the American College is guaranteed a spot at the forum every year. So I watched Gro Harlem Brundtland (the former Prime Minister of Norway) give her speech and her q&a afterward. Then, we (I just stood there watching TV) got to make some homemade pizzas. I found out that Norwegians love to have a lot of toppings and things on their pizzas; I personally only like pepperoni on my pizza, but they had so much stuff like pepperoni, ham, two different kinds of bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, hamburger, and even pineapple. I found the one with the least amount of stuff on and ate that (I picked off as much as I could). Then a few of us played Mario Kart 64 before I decided to head back to the apartment because Jimmy Carter wasn't going to be on until 10:45 tonight. Since we only had to write a reflection paper on one of the presenters for my class, I decided not to watch Jimmy Carter and instead stayed home and talked with Natalie. When Natalie got home from work, we sat and talked for 5 hours about the most random things and I mean random. We talked about how veiny our arms are, what it would be like to have a stigmata, magicians, texting while driving, music, and even languages, plus a bunch more that I just can't remember. It was really fun though, we were constantly laughing, at one point Natalie was literally laying on the floor because she was laughing so hard. By the time we decided to go to bed it was already 1:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment