Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Disneyland Paris

Today was really fun (obviously since it's Disneyland), but it could have been a lot better if the weather would have cooperated. When our bus got to the park at about 9:30 it was cloudy and kind of windy. So it was a little cold, but it was the morning so I was expecting that. Once we were allowed on to Main Street and I was waiting to get into the castle, it started raining. It was raining off and on for a couple of hours this morning. That put a little bit of a damper on things, but I refused to let it get to me. Once I had explored the castle, including the dungeon, I went out into Fantasy Land. Actually, a lot of the rides I wanted to go on we're closed because they are under repair. So after I had explored the entire park for a couple of hours and had some lunch, I went to the souvenir shops. I bought a couple of things (I was bad and splurged but I mean it's Disney). After I had picked out my souvenirs, I went to Disney Studios, which is where more of the rides I wanted to go on we're anyway. I had to wait an hour just to get on the Tower of Terror for a 5 minute ride. Then I immediately went over to the Rock 'n Roller Coaster. That was by far my favorite ride! Having Aerosmith blasting throughout the ride and then the roller coaster itself with all its turns, inversions, and such, it was really fun. When I was finished with that I went to look at the wait time for the Crush's Coaster and it was over an hour so I decided to head back to Disneyland to get some ice cream and get ready for the parade. I also bought some supper right before the parade started. The parade was really good and the little girl next to me for sure thought so because I thought I was going to go deaf from her screams at Anna and Elsa. When the parade was finished I just walked around Main Street and went into all the shops before heading back to my bus. Then, after we got back to the tour office (which was about an hour) I walked back to my hostel. I was able to get both to and from the tour office to my hostel with ease and without even getting lost. I was so proud of myself. :)

First entering Disneyland. As you can see there are the dark clouds looming. 

Here is Sleeping Beauty's Castle, which you can walk around in. 

This is the dragon in the dungeon of the castle. 

This is up inside the castle looking at some of the stained glass windows. 

This is Fantasy Land from inside Alice's Curious Labyrinth. 






No comments:

Post a Comment